To supplement the descriptions of individual Wal-Mart subsidy deals, we have prepared the following set of compilations:
- List of largest Wal-Mart economic development subsidy deals nationwide
- State tallies by number of deals and total value
- Largest deals in each state
Lists of subsidy deals in each category, ranked by size:
- Enterprise zone (and related zones) tax benefits
- Free or reduced-price land
- General grants
- Industrial revenue bond financing
- Infrastructure and site preparation assistance
- Job training and recruiting grants
- Property tax exemptions/abatements
- Sales tax abatements and refunds (not earmarked for infrastructure)
- Tax credits & refunds
We indicate where tax increment financing (TIF) or a Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) was the vehicle for a subsidy in another category.
Note: Some of the amounts are estimates; see the pages describing each deal which can be found by using the search engine on the main page of this website. The designation n.a. means the amount was not available.